Students interested in enrolling in an online Master of Business Administration can choose from one of four options at Texas A&M International University (TAMIU). Although TAMIU's campus is in Laredo, Texas, the MBA program is 100 percent online. Students can complete coursework at their own pace from anywhere. TAMIU holds accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
Here are the four online MBA options available from TAMIU and information about each one.
Master of Business Administration in Management
Professionals who want the widest overview of essential business knowledge across disciplines can gain it from TAMIU's online MBA in Management. Working through the MBA in Management program, students learn in depth about finance, management and marketing from an international standpoint.
At TAMIU, students will learn how to:
- Create, implement, control and evaluate strategic management processes.
- Apply theories, structures, pricing policies and production planning.
- Develop competitive marketing strategies based on various factors.
- Analyze, evaluate and apply finance theories.
Master of Business Administration in International Banking and Finance
TAMIU's MBA in International Banking and Finance aims to expand students' knowledge of international investments, exchange rates and banking practices.
The MBA in International Banking and Finance explores:
- Techniques for hedging risks in international portfolio investments.
- Company financial management.
- Market activities for depository and non-depository institutions.
- Theories and elements of international investment opportunities.
The curriculum probes regulatory environments, securities trading and ethical dilemmas. Students will learn techniques for analyzing, forecasting and measuring exchange rates, international portfolio investments and trade financing.
Master of Business Administration in International Business
Students in the MBA in International Business concentrate their studies on global business ethics, legal and regulatory issues, national environmental matters, and strategic controls. Other topics covered include international transportation, warehousing, distribution and foreign freight forwarding.
The MBA in International Business surveys the following topics:
- The impact of demographic diversity on organizations.
- The effects of social, cultural, political and economic issues on decision-making.
- Domestic and foreign perspectives in a diverse and interdependent world.
- Issues and concepts in managing international organizations.
Students who complete the AACSB-accredited online MBA program will increase their knowledge in business research methods, financial management, managerial economics and strategic management. Graduates can apply what they've learned in a variety of domestic and international leadership roles.
Master of Business Administration in International Trade and Logistics
Students in the MBA in International Trade and Logistics program broaden their knowledge of import and export operations and practices, logistics strategies, and customs regulations. They learn how to capitalize on trade expansion that results from global economic growth.
Students in the MBA in International Trade and Logistics program learn:
- Practices and processes of import management operations.
- The fundamentals of export operations in international trade.
- Logistics procedures and responsibilities.
- International distribution documentation analysis.
The program also covers core business concepts for financial management, strategic management and managerial economics. It also outlines business research methods.
Students who do not have an undergraduate business degree or have not taken business courses will not have to play catch up. The program's non-credit foundation courses will bring them up to speed on basic business concepts.
All four programs are 30 credit hours and have the same tuition. Courses in each program run for seven weeks, and students can complete each program in as few as 15 months.
Learn more about TAMIU's online MBA programs.
Have a question or concern about this article? Please contact us.