Linda D. Flores
"The BSN degree opens new opportunities for advancement and personal satisfaction within the field of nursing."
- MSN – Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, 1995
- FNP Certification – University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, 1978
- BSB – Houston Baptist University, 1973
- Pioneered the family nurse practitioner role, 1977-1978
- Expanded practice of industrial nursing serving employees and public attendees at Astroworld Amusement Park (seasonal employment), 1977
- Director of education for Mercy Regional Medical Center, 1996-1998
- School nurse role from 1985-1996, developing the school nurse manual for Laredo Independent School District
- Developed the health education manual and diabetic student handbook for school personnel for United Independent School District, 1998-2006
- Chapter reviewer for health assessment & physical examination, Delmar Cengage Learning, 2011
In which online degree programs do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
Health Assessment and Transition to Professional Nursing – Clinical Component
What do you want students in your courses to learn? What are the learning outcomes or objectives?
I want them to become independent learners and leaders within their own selected specialty areas.
What types of projects and work do you typically assign for these courses?
What types of projects and work do you typically assign for these courses? Cultural remedy presentations by students from a variety of cultures
What advice would you give to those considering this online program?
Be ready to commit to independent learning practices.
What is the value of a BSN?
The BSN degree opens new opportunities for advancement and personal satisfaction within the field of nursing.
How can this degree help students prepare for the challenges of the field?
It can inspire students to be leaders within the profession and not always depend on others for guidance.
Why did you start teaching?
I wanted to offer students an opportunity to see that nursing is more than just learning information.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
"Live Your DASH" by Linda Ellis
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students may not know.
I enjoy working with public school students as a costumer/prop master for fine arts programs.