Dr. Wendy Donnell
"RNs who are interested in certifications or management need a BSN degree."
- Ph.D. – University of Texas at Arlington, 2013
- MSN – The University of Texas at Tyler, 2005
- BSN – Stephen F. Austin State University, 1992
20 years of clinical experience as an RN.
In which online degree programs do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
What types of projects and work do you typically assign for these courses?
Students complete an actual research study and write a manuscript.
What do you want students in your courses to learn? What are the learning outcomes or objectives?
- Identify foundational concepts and principles from the arts, sciences, humanities and nursing, to the development of evidence-based practice.
- Identify social, cultural, ethnic, spiritual, psychological and economic factors related to research participants and all steps of the research process.
- Use critical thinking to formulate research questions and evaluate research studies.
- Demonstrate the ability to determine the difference between various research methodologies.
- Identify research practices which fall within ethical, legal and professional nursing boundaries
- Identify relevant research in order to provide comprehensive nursing care among diverse populations including individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate the ability to express ideas in clear English using discipline specific language and formatting.
What advice would you give to those considering this online program?
Students should consider decreasing the number of hours they work while in this program.
What is the value of this degree?
RNs who are interested in certifications or management need a BSN degree.