Rolando Peña Sánchez
"In general, the value of a college degree is intrinsic; in particular, graduate MBA students from an AACSB-accredited institution can get job offers with financial compensations that exceed the average labor market."
- Ph.D. in Statistics – Rice University, 1990
- M.S. in Applied Statistics – Univ. Autonoma De Nuevo Leon, 1981
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering – Univ. Autonoma De Nuevo Leon, 1975
Dr. Rolando Peña Sánchez is an associate professor of statistics in the Division of International Business and Technology Studies at Texas A&M International University. His research interests include multivariate parametric and nonparametric statistical methods applied to business administration and environmental risk management. His more recent research has appeared in the “International Journal of Business Strategy,” the “Journal of Multidisciplinary Engineering Science and Technology,” the “Journal of Academy of Business and Economics,” the “Journal of International Business and Economics,” and “Advances in Competitiveness Research.”
Dr. Sánchez obtained the following certifications: Certified Lead Assessor and Internal Auditor in ISO9000 conferred by NCA Europe-AENOR; Diploma in ISO9000 conferred by NCA Europe-AENOR.
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which class do you teach online?
BA 531: Business Research Methods
What types of projects and work do you typically assign for these courses?
Academic projects and assignments of Business Research Methods are assigned individually, where each student will collect information, analyze, write and submit an electronic research report.
What do you want students in your courses to learn? What are the learning outcomes or objectives?
- To communicate a theoretical and practical understanding of the hypothetic-deductive method for designing and doing business research
- To communicate a general method of business problem formulation/solving.
- To communicate an understanding of the conceptual bridge that links business research and business problem-solving, supported by primary data but most frequently by secondary data such as those obtained from e-sources
- To implement the basic knowledge taught in Business Research Methods in a project report to be developed individually during the academic period
What advice would you give to those considering the online MBA in International Business program?
The MBA program at TAMIU is among the best program of its kind with many characteristics of flexibility and support:
How can an MBA help students prepare for the challenges of the field?
The globalization is a reality; thus the challenges are everywhere and the best way to discover areas of opportunity is with a certified knowledge via a graduate college degree.
Why did you start teaching?
Teaching is a gratifying and stimulating activity. We have tried to expand the intellectual curiosity of our students and orient them to critical thinking that is supported through statistical evidence.
What is the value of an MBA?
In general, the value of a college degree is intrinsic; in particular, graduate MBA students from an AACSB-accredited institution can get job offers with financial compensations that exceed the average labor market.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
“The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement” by Eliyahu M. Goldratt and Jeff Cox.