Dr. Heriberto Garcia
"You will not only be trained by the experience and knowledge of the faculty, but you will also acquire the best business practices in different industries."
- Ph.D. in Business Administration – EGADE, ITESM, 2006
- MIS – ITESM, 1997
- MBA Finance Concentration – EGADE, ITESM, 1995
- Accountant – ITESM, 1992
- Certification AD1 IPADE, 2000
- Certified Management Accountant, CMA, 2015
- Enrolled third level, Chartered Financial Analyst, CFA program
- Independent consultant in general business, finance and strategy; external consultant in USA and Mexico. (2007 – Present). Board Member of several private firms in Mexico and USA.
- Chief financial officer (CFO) for the fourth largest pulp and paper company in the world, based in Mexico (1999-2007)
- Associate director, MOR systems IT business, finance and systems consulting firm (1996-2007)
- Investment and risk analyst, equity partners investment control, bankers trust investment fund, Monterrey-New York (1993-1995)
- Financial accounting auditor for PricewaterhouseCoopers (1992-1993)
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
FIN 4385, BA 5202, ACC 5310, ACC 5399, FIN 5310, FIN5 380 and FIN 5320
What types of projects and work do you typically assign for these courses?
Analysis of real cases, using real public firms traded in NASDQ or NYSE
What do you want students in your courses to learn? What are the learning outcomes or objectives?
The application of the subject and the application of the course or topic into one real company; they should learn how the theory is related to the real world and develop the skills to understand and correctly diagnose firm situations.
What advice would you give to those considering the online MBA in International Banking and Finance program?
You do not need to know everything about the firm or case—you just need to develop the skills to make the right questions.
How can an MBA help students prepare for the challenges of the field?
You will first develop the self-confidence to analyze any firm, then you will be exposed to real cases, real companies and real experience across different sectors. You will not only be trained by the experience and knowledge of the faculty, but you will also acquire the best business practices in different industries.
What is the value of an MBA?
If you want it and if you work hard, at the end you will be a different person with new types of skills and knowledge.
Why did you start teaching?
I love to explore the truth.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
“As a Man Thinketh” by James Allen. It will help you to start your self-transformation.
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know.
I am more a philosopher than a business man.