“After 10 years of IT experience as a consultant, I wanted to share my experience in the classroom and prepare students with the skills that match employers' expectations.”
- Ph.D. – University of Mississippi, 2004
- Published over 50 refereed journal papers related to decision support, logistics and supply chain management
- Mentored a number of students for NSF LSAMP grant program
- International Faculty of the Year
- University Scholar of Year
- Global Scholar of the Year
- Received grants on infrastructure security, border security as PI and expert consultant
- Expert on supercomputing, quantum computing, artificial intelligent and machine learning
- Expert on business analytics using Excel, R and Python tools with written monographs
In which online degree program(s) do you teach?
What do you want students in your courses to learn? What are the learning outcomes or objectives?
I want students to become sensitive to the gap that exists between what students think they know, the level of analytical and research skills they possess, and what they demonstrate to employers on the job. To evaluate and expand the research skills you need to fast-track your career: making sound decisions, contributing to executive research, buying research services, and becoming a research specialist. And finally, I want my students to become experts of data analytics with advanced skills using Excel and Microsoft Power business intelligent tools.
The learning objectives:
- Students will be able to obtain and process information
- Students will be able to analyze quantitative data
- Students will be able to create and/or edit written reports
Why did you start teaching?
After 10 years of IT experience as a consultant, I wanted to share my experience in the classroom and prepare students with the skills that match employers' expectations.
What advice would you give to those considering this online program?
Follow the course schedule, watch the videos I created for exercises and find a fixed time slot during the week for assignments and reading.
How can this degree help students prepare for the challenges of the field?
Students will expand the skills they need to fast-track their careers, which match employers' most-wanted skills.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
“The Wisdom of Life” by Arthur Schopenhauer
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know about you.
I enjoy coding and cooking.
What is the value of this degree?
It strengthens your ability to analyze a business problem, locate resources, conduct an investigation, make sound decisions, and contribute to executive research.
What types of projects and work do you typically assign for these courses?
Hand-on exercises with detailed instruction on how to use advanced Excel functions to analyze real-world data.