Dr. Abhijit M. Patwardhan
"In these online courses, you will experience similar levels of rigor and learning that you would have experienced inside a classroom."
- Ph.D. Business Administration-Marketing – University of Mississippi
- MBA – East Tennessee State University
- Bachelor of Engineering Science – Shivaji University
I work as an associate professor of marketing at Texas A&M International University. My research interests lie in the broad areas of marketing strategy, international marketing, macromarketing and the philosophy of science. I have worked in various prominent corporations in India, the Middle East and the United States. My recent publications have appeared in the “Journal of Management and Marketing Research,” “Journal of Business Ethics,” “Journal of Customer Behaviour,” “Journal of Services Research,” “Journal of Services Marketing,” and “Business Ethics: A European Review,” among others. I also serve as an Associate Editor of the Journal of Global Marketing.
In which online degree program do you teach?
What do you want students in your courses to learn? What are the learning outcomes or objectives?
- Students will develop the ability to analyze a particular area or industry segment in greater depth
- Students will assess and solve marketing management problems
- Students will synthesize existing information/literature and will devise marketing strategies
What advice would you give to those considering this online program?
In these online courses, you will experience similar levels of rigor and learning that you would have experienced inside a classroom.
What is the value of this degree?
Earning an MBA should help students enhance their career growth.
What types of projects and work do you typically assign for these courses?
Weekly discussion, Harvard cases and research papers.