A Master of Business Administration is a degree that can often vault an entry- or mid-level employee seeking career advancement into the world of management.
Earning an MBA is not for the faint of heart. Many who choose to pursue this degree continue working, juggling career demands with family responsibilities and the added load of studying and keeping up with their online classes.
Hard Work, Big Rewards
But the rewards can be fulfilling.
More than eight out of 10 MBA grads surveyed by GMAC agree their career progressed faster than it did for their peers who didn't go to graduate school for two reasons:
- The skills they developed in their MBA program (86%)
- The degree itself (84%)
And 70% of graduates from the classes of 2016 and 2017 said they could not have landed their current jobs without the tools and knowledge obtained through their graduate business education. In addition, the majority of alumni surveyed agreed their degree increased earnings power (82%) and that their MBA school experience was financially rewarding (73%).
But the benefits do not stop with increased earning power. U.S. News & World Report cites other reasons an online MBA can help prepare you with the skills a manager needs:
- Professional diversity. All MBA students have different career goals and typically come from different business climates. This gives them unique perspectives on how to solve business problems.
- Experience counts. Online MBA students in the programs ranked by S. News & World Report had eight years of prior work experience. That's invaluable when you consider that figure was lower for full-time students.
- Live and self-paced learning. Experts say an advantage is the flexibility for students who can complete work on their own time. Online learning also offers them an understanding of "the virtual business interactions that occur in today's workplaces."
- Specialization is an option. Some online MBA degree programs, like the ones offered at Texas A&M International University, allow students to focus on a specific field to gain skills in their area of interest. This can be especially desirable for students seeking a career change or professional advancement.
With the Texas A&M International University online MBA program, students can choose an emphasis in Management, International Banking and Finance, International Business and International Trade and Logistics.
The core classes in each program emphasize management and general business concepts and cover theoretical management perspectives, organizational behavior and theory, leadership and ethics, and human resource management. Plus, each program digs deep into the area of emphasis, giving the students the knowledge necessary to succeed in today's ultra-competitive business environment.
In all four areas of emphasis, students in the Texas A&M International University online MBA programs can earn an AACSB-accredited degree in as few as 15 months.
Learn more about Texas A&M International University's online MBA programs.
Sources:U.S. News & World Report: 10 Things to Expect in an Online MBA Program
Have a question or concern about this article? Please contact us.