Accreditation & Accolades
Texas A&M International University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Texas A&M International University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
Programs in the A.R. Sanchez, Jr. School of Business are accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
The undergraduate and graduate programs in the Dr. F. M. Canseco School of Nursing in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences are accredited by the Texas Board of Nursing and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, P. 404-975-5000, F. 404-975-5020, www.acenursing.org.
The TAMIU College of Education is accredited by the State Board for Educator Certification.
Texas A&M International University is a member of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, and the American Council on Education.
TAMIU is proud to be a Quality Matters (QM) member institution. QM is a faculty-centered, peer review process designed to certify the quality of online and blended courses.
- Highest regional retention rate in the Texas A&M system at 78%
- Ranked #1 among the Top 5 Best Online MBA Programs in Texas by Onlinemba.com (2022)
- Ranked #3 in the Top 50 most affordable MBA programs by Top ManagementDegrees.com (2022).
- Ranked #20 for "Top Public Schools, Regional Universities West" by U.S. News & World Report (2018)
- Top-ranked by CollegeConsensus.com in three categories: "Best Colleges & Universities in Texas" (#24), "Best Regional Universities – West" (#42), and "Best Public Colleges & Universities" (#158) in 2018
- Ranked fourth in the "Best Bang for Your Buck" list among Southern colleges by Washington Monthly College Guide (2017)
- Ranked #10 among the top 20 Best Online Colleges in Texas by Online College Plan
- Ranked first in Texas, third in nation for graduates' highest income mobility rate, as featured in The New York Times based on research findings of The Equality of Opportunity Project.
- Singled out by Zippia.com as one of Texas' best colleges for helping graduates land a job, with a 91.58% student employment rate
- Ranked #3 in The Best Texas Online MBA Degree Program
- Ranked #20 in "The 25 Best Online MBA in International Business Programs" by TheBestSchools.org (2019)
- Ranked #22 in "The 50 Best MBA Degree Programs Online for 2018" by BestCollegeReviews.org
- Ranked #36 in the "Top 50 Online MBA in International Business Programs" by OnlineMasters.com
- Ranked #25 among "The Best Online Master's in Criminal Justice Degree Programs in the Nation" -- onlinecolleges.net
- Ranked #32 in "The Best Online Masters in Criminal Justice Degree Programs" by TheBestSchools.org (2019)
- Ranked third among Texas schools offering master's programs in education by ToBecomeATeacher.org
- College of Education graduates are employed in more than 150 Texas school districts