Accreditation & Accolades
Texas A&M International University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC™) to award baccalaureate, master's and doctorate degrees.
Programs in the A.R. Sanchez, Jr. School of Business are accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
The TAMIU College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Dr. F. M. Canseco School of Nursing is approved by the Texas Board of Nursing (TBON) and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
The TAMIU College of Education is accredited by the State Board for Educator Certification.
Texas A&M International University is a member of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, and the American Council on Education.
TAMIU is proud to be a Quality Matters (QM) member institution. QM is a faculty-centered, peer review process designed to certify the quality of online and blended courses.
- Highest regional retention rate in the Texas A&M system at 78%
- Ranked third among Texas schools offering master's programs in education by ToBecomeATeacher.org
- Ranked fourth in the national Top Ten Best Bang for the Buck list among Southern colleges by the Washington Monthly College Guide (2017)
- Ranked #10 among the top 20 Best Online Colleges in Texas by Online College Plan
- Ranked #20 for "Top Public Schools, Regional Universities West" by U.S. News & World Report (2018)
- Ranked among the Top 50 most affordable MBA programs by TopManagementDegrees.com (2017)
- College of Education graduates are employed in more than 150 Texas school districts
- Ranked first in Texas, third in nation for graduates' highest income mobility rate, as featured in The New York Times based on research findings of The Equality of Opportunity Project.
- Ranked #22 in "The 50 Best MBA Degree Programs Online for 2018" by BestCollegeReviews.org
- Top-ranked by CollegeConsensus.com in three categories: "Best Colleges & Universities in Texas" (#24), "Best Regional Universities – West" (#42), and "Best Public Colleges & Universities" (#158) in 2018
- Singled out by Zippia.com as one of Texas' best colleges for helping graduates land a job, with a 91.58% student employment rate